Saturday 12 October 2013

Baby Bunting

My Nephew in laws girl friend has just given birth to a baby girl called Poppy so I decided to be a little different in the usually baby gifts and make her some Bunting. It took about 4 hours but that's only as i tried really hard not to cock it up.



All the triangle are double sided with 3 different baby buttons at each top corner to finish it off.



This I found tricky, the letter were cut from felt and then stitched using my Singer 201, No problems other than going round the corner, so there are a few cock up, but other than that not a bad job for my first attempt.



After I finished I put it on my wall to see how it looked with just the bias binding, it looked awful, unfinished and just not very proffessional. So I decided to make a bow, and the fact the one side is longer than the other was accidental, I just cut and sewed the material and when constructing the bow to see how much to cut off one bit was longer than the other, but it looked better and I think finishes it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment