Saturday 30 November 2013

Vintage Leather Purse, Part 1

With Christmas round the corner I have been meaning to make my good friend a leather purse. Its been on the books for 4 months, but I know she likes mustard yellow, not the easiest of colours to find for the right price. So after months of looking I managed to find some of decedent thinkness off Ebay that is massive but is more of a dirty mustard than a bright mustard.

I took my inspiration from a purse I pinned on Pinterest.




This will be the second purse I have made but this time I had to draft my own pattern. 



I usually play around with patterns using pattern paper first and construct it together with masking tape.





From constructing this together I have decided that in the larger section the sides need to be wider and maybe the smaller section could do with being made wider when it is open.


No comments:

Post a Comment