Wednesday 4 February 2015

Nursery Giraffe Canvas's


You may have noticed that It has been a while since I last posted. All with good reason, I have been very busy in cooking a baby who is due tomorrow and I have been very busy in making lots of lovely things.

We know we are expecting a little girl but I am not a big fan PINK! So we have decided to go for a few colours with hints of pink. Pinterest has been a huge help in deciding what I would like the room to look like, the first ideas were grey, yellow and chevrons, but how boring for a little person to look at, so decided to go for an animal theme, this meant i can have different colours and some fun in sewing.

The first ideas were for a few pictures on the walls, I have made canvas's before for my own bedroom after seeing something I liked and refusing to pay for it, so I made it myself.

This is what it looked like on Pinterest.


And these are mine.


As Lilac is one of our colours on our stripy wall this is what we decided to go with. the material is material that has been used else where in other projects in the room so that it ties in nicely.


Yellow is another colour that is in the room. This one took a little longer to try and paint. I first had to find an image of a giraffe that would fit over my three 12inch square canvass's. My first photoshop attempt didn't work but my second fit better. I then had to use carbon paper under the photocopy to transfer the image, then a Sharpie, I only used one Sharpie even though I brought 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment