Saturday 29 August 2015

Maternity Leave Learns to Crochet - Taggie Blanket

Eve since I was a little girl I have always wanted to crochet, I think because you could make loads of cool things and I have always thought it very Britsh! When I got pregnant I knew that the new sewing room would not get much use and that this would drive me mad not being able to be creative, so best chance to learn to crochet! I brought a book and the yarn needed for the first three projects, along with some cheep practice yarn. Now I was brought up with practice makes perfect, so I took all my stuff on holiday to the Croatian island of Korcula and chained and chained and chained. Even when I got home I chained and chained. My thinking was that if I could put it down and pick it up and it still be the same tension then I was ready to move on. Well I chained for ages and then didn't do it for ages as my spare moments was used for shopping and decorating for baby. But when baby Fern finally arrived I tried again. The book was crap! I ended up and still turn to YouTube for help, there are some great tutorials out there. Here are my first three projects.

This is a high contrast baby sensory blanket, I still need to add the. Ribbons on though.

I used 3 of each, bobble, loop and triple stitch with a few rows of single and a scallop edge.




This is my first chunky small blanket.


UPDATE

Yay I have finished it. Washed and ribbons added, I am really happy with how it turned out and so was the mother to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment