Tuesday 23 July 2013

Ferret Sleeping bag


When I first got hold of my moms sewing machine in October I made my ferrets 4 sleeping bag hammocks. Here are a few picks of the outside sleeping bag. As you can almost see it just looks like a hammock but they can actually get in it and the inside part pulls out so that it can be shaken out and cleaned.







This differs from the one that is inside that is almost like 2 cushion covers sewn together on 3 sides. Both the top and the bottom have zips in them so that I can pad it out with stuffing in the winter months to keep them warm. They both have to be kept off the floor as it helps keep them warm, and considering they sleep for upto 20 hours a dead a comfy bed is really important.



Both types of sleeping bed hammocks are made from really thick pollar fleece and it washes really well at high temperatures as well.

This is what I meant by sewing out necessity. Not the most fun and the first time I have ever put a zip in anything it serves its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment