Sunday 28 July 2013

Showerproof Dog Coat.



I had a lot oil cloth left over, intentional I might add, I know I can be stupid but didn’t think I would make that many mistakes with the sewing mat.
For a year now I wanted to make my dog Beau a dog coat that I could carry around on walks with me just in case of showers.



I used her existing coat as a pattern as it was such a good fit. The one issue was that I thought it would be a bit stuffy for her to wear so I decided to line it with 100% cotton.

Again I used my 306K. More issues with it this time, especially when their was oilcloth top and bottom, it just would not feed at all sometimes and the cotton would bunch up in the bobbin. Not good considering this was oilcloth and it actually pierced a hole. But generally very good when you got used to the feeder teeth pressure and tension, but having to remember all the time was a huge pain.

I did make 2 stupid mistakes.
1 – The strap was a bit too short and so instead of adding 2 equal sections together I added a 6inch bit on the end, that would sew together.
2 – The Velcro on the bag is not in the middle, so just the last inch actually sticks.

   Beaus carry bag
Button detail on the front. Her original
coat had elastic. 

Leg elastic to help it sit better on her  when she walked. 


                                           This was the best I could do with the strap. I know
                                       I could have hidden it in the lining but I know I would
                                                           have struggled with pins. 

The cock up on the bag.





No comments:

Post a Comment