Wednesday 31 July 2013

The Dogs Fancy Dress



For the past couple of years me and Beau have taken part in fun dog shows (see my other blog here as to why not proper dog shows), and I always love doing the fancy dress class as it makes so many people smile and laugh.

 In our first year Beau was a fairy and me a Princess, and last year we were both Dinosaurs. 



So this year I wanted to go a little further,  as sooo many people says she looks like a Lion I decided to make her into a Lion from a children’s hat I brought from Ikea.




For her outfit I brought some caramel long fur that matched her ownfur colour, I added 2 panels to the hat, and then using brown paper made a pattern (I didn’t have any pattern paper). I had to hand stich it all as I was afraid it would all get caught up in the machine, I also had to add elastic to around behind her legs. I also made her a tail end, that keeps coming off.























For me I wanted to be a Safari man, so brought some beige linen trousers, brand new from a charity shop and decided to take the legs in as they were too wide. It was all going so well until I decided to be brave and take the waist band in. OH no, really shouldn’t have done that. I can just about fit in them and it pulls the zip out, so I made a waist band out of snow leopard cotton print to cover it up. I also had to use the same snow leopard material on my shirt and covered the cuffs and collar. I did a really good job with that.  Extras include, binoculars, safari hat and riffle.









We so far have won one and came third in another, not bad.

The sad thing is that now i look like a copy cat, as the ITV 2 channel has an ident with a chow as a Lion, and you can buy that outfit :\





No comments:

Post a Comment